Welcome to Year 5
Things you need to know about Year 5
- The class teachers are Mrs Neville ( Albert Einstein class), Miss Whitaker (Emma Watson class) .
- Our Learning Support Assistant (LSA) working across the year group is Mrs Smith.
- PE is on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Forest School is on alternate Thursday afternoons.
- Our library session is on a Monday although children can change their books every day is they need to.
- Students, please bring your good manners, smiles, a thirst for learning and ‘a give it a go attitude’ every day.
- Home/school diaries need to be in school every day in order to record reading. They will be checked every Monday; please ensure that this is signed.
As the children are now in Year 5 and are beginning to look towards Year 6 and beyond, we are encouraging and promoting greater levels of independence. We would hope that children will come to school prepared every day with:
· PE and Forest School kit
· Reading book.
· Home-school diary.
The Home-school diary is vitally important, even more so this year, as the children are split across three classes in the morning. Therefore we will be expecting the children to have their diaries with them in class during morning lessons.
This is to try and ensure that any messages during these lessons are recorded straight away and not forgotten resulting in missed homework or expectations.
As always, we are very pleased to see you to discuss any issues concerning your child. Please do not hesitate to call, communicate through email or contact us via the diaries given to the children.
Mrs Emma Neville, Miss Whitaker and Mrs Di Smith