Year 2 team
Class teachers - Mr Gwion Russell and Mrs Philippa Doyle in Cardiff class and Miss Sophie Peers in Canberra class
LSAs / 1:1 - Mrs Tina Anderson and Mrs Claire Taylor
Over the next six weeks, the children in Year 2 will be following a unit of work on a theme that focuses on signiﬁcant people from the past.
The unit of work is based around speciﬁc targets derived from the learning goals for the following subjects:
In History, we’ll be finding out:
- About the different decisions that rulers had to make in the past
- How to use a living graph to explore how a famous person might have been feeling
- About the life of a famous explorer using maps and role play
- How to compare the lives of two different explorers
- About the achievements of important scientists and inventors
- About what life was like at different times in the past
In Music, we’ll be finding out:
- About the life and music by a famous composer
- How to use music to tell the story of our famous composer
In International, we’ll be finding out:
- About the idea of ‘fairness’ and what it means
- Why some people in the past wanted to make change
If your child has some work to research, please help them, but without actually doing the work. If you have the chance to further their interest in the ideas of this theme please take it, but your enthusiasm and interest is most important.
The children will be going on a school trip to the local museum on Monday February 3rd. A ParentMail detailing this trip was sent out at the last week of last term.
By the end of the unit, we hope your child has achieved all of the learning targets. We hope they have had an enjoyable time in the classroom. And we hope you have enjoyed seeing your child work with enthusiasm. If you have any comments or questions about your child’s learning, please get in touch.
Thank you for your support.
Year Two Team.