General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Although data regulations changed on 25th May 2018, our commitment to protecting your details will never change. We want you to know that we take privacy very seriously. We always manage your details responsibly and take great care to keep them safe and secure.
We store and sometimes transfer your information to other authorities so that we can operate effectively as a school and be able to positively implement our duty of care for the school community. Under data regulations we are lawfully able to do this to carry out tasks in the public interest and as part of our legal obligation. We will only use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, promotional materials and other information relevant to the school environment.
We are being more transparent so that you know more about the personal information we hold. We have completed an information audit (located on our website) so you can see this information. Further information in also included in our data protection policy and privacy notices.
You have rights under data protection regulations, and we would like you to know what they are:
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in your personal data. However, we may consider applying an exemption to some information where our duties maybe potentially compromised.
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means unless we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse general usage of the school site.
If you would like to make any requests, think your data has been misused or it is not secure, you should contact theData Protection Controller, the Headteacher – Mrs Rachel Rice firstname.lastname@example.org, who maydelegate her duty to other employees.
Data Protection Officer, Ruth Hawker, Plumsun Ltd www.plumsun.com
If you’re unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Telephone: 0303 123 1113