Deanshanger Primary School makes all members of our school community feel welcome and valued irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion and belief and sexual identity. Our values and ethos promote equality and actively tackle discrimination.
We welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations within our community. In October 2020, we commissioned a full Inclusion Audit to ensure that our school and practice was meeting the very highest standards. If you would like to see a copy of this extensive report, please make contact with the school office. In November 2020, the SLT and the Chair and Vice-Chair of Governors undertook equality and inclusion training too.
We are committed to equal opportunities and have high expectations for all pupils. Our school:
- believes in learning without limits and pushes every child to achieve the best that they can;
- responds to the diverse needs of all pupils with a flexible and evolving curriculum;
- strives to overcome potential barriers to learning.
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010;
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it;
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.