Choosing the right school for your child is a significant decision and we're here to help families as you consider the options for your child and children.
Whilst full information is outlined in the attached admissions document below, the following information will also support the admissions process.
We welcome up to 60 children each year into our Reception classes (we are two-form entry) and also accept in-year admissions in other year groups. Please click here to access the relevant webpage to make an in-year application. In-year places are allocated using the over-subscription criteria which can be found here.
Although our admissions criteria prioritises places for pupils who live in Deanshanger, Passenham and Wicken, we also welcome some children each year from outside our linked area whose parents have chosen our school.
All school admissions are managed on our behalf by West Northants Council; they are responsible for allocating places at our school. We strongly recommend that you also make contact with us though, for all school place enquiries, as we would like to meet you, show you around the school, and talk through the admissions process with you.
- Application portals (primary and secondary) opens on 8th September 2023
- New application deadlines for September 2024 admissions – midnight on 15th January 2024
- National Offer Day (Primary) – 16th April 2024
Please note that if you want a place at the normal point of entry (Reception @ Deanshanger and Year 7 at Secondary school, you must apply using the common application form provided by your home Local Authority (LA), and not the LA (West Northamptonshire) where the school is situated.
Following on from the allocation of places to pupils who have an EHC Plan which names the school as an appropriate provision, when there are more applications than places available, priority will be given based on the following criteria in the order stated below.
- Looked After Children and all Previously Looked After Children, including those who appear (to the admissions authority) to have been in state care outside England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted
- Children living in the defined area with a brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the child
- Children who live in the defined area: Deanshanger, Passenham and Wicken
- Children who live outside the defined area with a sibling who will be in attendance at the time of admission
- Children who live outside the defined area