We have read an amazing 54,637,357 words as a school. AMAZING!
Many of the year groups have smashed their target for engaged reading time of 30 minutes:
Year 2 - 25 minutes
Year 3 - 48 minutes
Year 4 - 61 minutes
Year 5 - 51 minutes
Year 6 - 50 minutes
This is amazing!
Our class reading totals are as follows:
- Year 6 Tazmanian Devils - 13,884,530 words
- Year 4 Narwhal - 11,003,538 words
- Year 5 Whale Shark - 8,029,181 words
- Year 4 Borneo Pygmy Elephants - 6,147,179 words
- Year 6 Red Pandas - 5,796,698 words
- Year 5 Mountain Gorillas - 4,232,679 words
- Year 3 Green Turtle - 3,855,363 words
- Year 3 Bornean Orangutan - 970,792 words
- Year 2 Snow Leopards - 449,400 words
- Year 2 Sunda Tigers - 322,289 words
- Sienna Keswani - Year 4 Narwhal - 2,610,684 words
- Harry Maynard - Year 4 Narwhal - 2,103,774 words
- Milo Marks-Eden - Year 6 Red Pandas - 1,742,019 words
- Sacha Muretti-Robinson - Year 4 Borneo Pygmy Elephants - 1,705,279 words
- Matys Lajux - Year 6 Tasmanian Devils - 1,551,420 words
- Caelan Kumar - Year 6 Tasmanian Devils - 1,536,496 words
- Euan Sharp - Year 4 Narwhal - 1,379,854 words
- Harry Hibberd - Year 6 Tasmanian Devils - 1,341,648 words
- Kimberley Taylor - Year 5 Whale Shark - 1,179,597 words
- Charlie Tolputt - Year 6 Tasmanian Devils - 1,127,298 words
Reader showing the best 'Yes I Can' attitude:
Courtney Rogers - Year 5 Whale Shark
This has been an amazing term of reading and you should all be proud of your achievements! Please, please, please continue to read over the Christmas break. It's an ideal opportunity to spend time together, listening to stories and reading. The generous presents you've all received from the PTA should enable all of you to share a book over Christmas.
One of our parents has very generously donated several £25 Amazon vouchers. These will be awarded to the children who have read the most over the Christmas holidays so keep reading. We will be monitoring word totals...