Welcome to Year 6
Things you need to know about Year 6
- The class teachers are Mrs Jenkins-Wiley (David Walliams class), Mrs Dennis ( Adele class) and Mrs Krelle (Aretha Franklin group). Mrs Krelle takes groups on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
- Our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are Mrs Tyrie, Mrs Haynes and Mrs Doyle (HLTA).
- PE is on Wednesday afternoons and Friday mornings.
- Forest School is on alternate Thursday afternoons.
- Our library session is on a Friday although children can change their books every day is they need to.
- Students, please bring your good manners, smiles, a thirst for learning and ‘a give it a go attitude’ every day.
- Home/school diaries need to be in school every day in order to record reading. They will be checked every Monday; please ensure that this is signed.
In our year group, we set homework on Wednesdays for both Maths and English and expect it to be returned on Mondays. We also set the five new spellings on a Monday. Homework should take about 45 minutes per lesson. If you are struggling with the work set or it is taking much longer than this time, please stop it and let us know. We expect the homework to be completed on time.
To support maths home learning, please find below a video made by students to explain how to simplify fractions (16th Nov 2018) and adding and subtracting fractions (27th Nov 2018).
We expect children to read at least five times a week for about 45 minutes. This should be recorded in their Home/school diary.
We look forward to a successful and fun year ahead.