Welcome to Year 6
Things you need to know about Year 6
- The class teachers are Mrs Jenkins-Wiley and Mrs Dennis. Mrs Krelle will be taking a morning Maths and English group. Mrs Doyle will be covering Jamaica class on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. We are supported for many sessions by Mrs Dye (Learning Support Assistant – LSA)
- We have indoor PE on Tuesday (Jamaica) and Friday (Australia) and outdoor PE on Wednesday with Ryan.
- On Fridays we go to the school library – don’t forget to bring in your library book on this day
- Students, please bring your good manners, smiles, a thirst for learning and ‘a give it a go attitude’ every day J.
- Home/school diaries need to be in school every day in order to record reading. They will be checked every Monday; please ensure that this is signed.
In our year group, we set homework on Wednesdays for both Maths and English and expect it to be returned on Mondays. We also set the five new spellings on a Monday. Homework should take about 45 minutes per lesson. If you are struggling with the work set or it is taking much longer than this time, please stop it and let us know.
We expect the homework to be completed on time, if it is not handed in by Wednesday there will be a lunchtime detention in order for the work to be completed.
We expect children to read at least five times a week for about 45 minutes. This should be recorded in their Home/school diary. If your child fails to record their reading regularly in their diary, they will join the lunchtime detention group.
On October 9th, we will be going to Horsham for our Year 6 residential trip. We will be holding a meeting in school on Wednesday 20th September at 6.00pm.
We look forward to a successful and fun year ahead.