Join our Team
Our teacher staffing plan for the new school year is complete but we are always open to speculative applications for positions that may arise in the future.
There will be a vacancy on the Governing Body(GB) for a Parent Governor with appointment and induction training this Autumn.
DPS and GB would welcome applications from Parents/Carers who wish to take a proactive role in the future of our school. We would particularly like to encourage anyone who might have experience in HR and Recruitment and /or Finance with either management experience or a wish to develop skills in the future through working as part of the GB team.
In addition to having a commitment to support DPS and Governance, it is essential to have time available to participate in meetings (evening and occasional daytime) and school visits, to be objective, to be able to work as part of a team, to have IT skills for communication, and also to have a good sense of humour!
You will find full details outlining the role and expectations attached. There are several further documents you would be required to complete if you were to be elected to the role: Code of Conduct, Declaration of Pecuniary/Business Interests. These documents can be found on the school website under Join Our Team. An appointment would be made subject to a DBS check.
The key dates relating to the Parent Election for a Parent Governor:
- Friday, 5th October: look out for parent mail about the Parent Governor election giving further detail of the role, expectations, time commitment and where to find the code of conduct, nomination form, disqualification criteria, declaration of pecuniary/business interests, etc
- Thursday, 11th October (5.30-6.30pm): Governor Open Evening for anyone interested in putting their name forward - having read the information please come and ask governors your questions. If this time will not be convenient for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative arrangements to be made if possible
- Friday, 12th October 4pm: nominations close. To be accepted the nomination form must have been received by the School Business Manager, be fully completed with all details requested and the document signed accepting the terms of eligibility - incomplete or late applications cannot be accepted.
- Monday, 15th October: Election/ballot via Parent Mail – all responses before 4pm on 18th October please. After this time any votes will be discarded.
- Friday, 19th October – result to be announced via Parent Mail
- External Induction training with our two other new governors will take place on October 29th, November 5th and 19th (6.30-8.30 pm) at DPS
- Full Governors Board meeting will be on Tuesday 4th December 2018 (6.30-8.30pm) - newly elected Parent Governor to attend
Thank you, we look forward to welcoming one of you to join us on the Governing Body.
Rachel Rice (HT) Sue Forman (Chair of Governors)
Wrap Club Assistant - (Grade A scale point 6 and job reference 1668 with an hourly rate of £8.50)
We are very proud of our Wrap club and would like someone that can enrich experiences further, alongside our existing strong team, led by Emilie Stevenson and Stephanie Mazey.
Desirable skills include a qualification in childcare/Teaching Assistant and previous experience where possible. Full training will be provided.
The suitable candidate will be a team player, child centred and creative with a great sense of humour. Please note that this position is term time and cover for our holiday clubs of 7 weeks per year.
Term time 38 weeks plus 7 weeks (holiday club)
Term time hours are 5.25 hours per week;
7.15am to 9.00am (Wednesday)
3pm to 4.45pm (Tuesday and Wednesday)
In addition to the above, there would be additional hours where cover is required i.e. sickness cover.
The 7 weeks cover for Holiday clubs has a choice of morning 8.00am to 1.00pm or afternoon 1.00pm to 6.00pm to be agreed with Emilie/Stephanie.