Join our Team
Our full staffing needs for the next school year (starting September 2019) are not yet known, however we do have the following post for a September start.
- Job Status: Full Time - Permanent
- Starting Date: 04-09-2019
- Closing Date: 13-05-2019
- Hours per week: 37 hours per week for 38 weeks a year. Monday, Tuesday Thursday and Friday - 8:30 until 5:00, Wednesday – 8.30 until 4.30
- Annual Salary FTE: Based on NJC Payscales
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and dedicated office administrator to join our friendly office team. We are a village school in the south of Northamptonshire, on the border with Milton Keynes with 394 children currently on roll. The role is full time and during term time only - 37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year.
The ideal candidate would be:
- Very confident in using IT (e.g. Excel, Publisher, Twitter, Updating the school website). You will be required to carry out technical tasks that allow the school to continue to build parent relationships including website updates and data entry
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Be organised, patient and self-driven
- Be able to demonstrate independence but also work as part of a team
- Have a good sense of humour
- Experience of working in an administrative is preferable, but not essential
- Safeguarding support
- SLT support
- Newsletter / displays/school trip organisation and possible attendance
- Providing library support
- Working on invoicing for our Wrap Club
- Running second hand uniform ‘shop’
- Organising and possibly administering first aid/medicine
- Music lesson admin
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and the requirements of GDPR
- Great interpersonal skills with children, parents and staff
- Be able to work closely with the Head Teacher, SLT and School Business Manager
- Be prepared for the unexpected!
We can offer:
- A caring and supportive team
- Training if required as part of our CPD arrangements
- Excellent resources
- Effective induction
- Term time only!
Visits to the school are welcomed and please book these with Mrs Godwin at the email below.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safer recruitment practice, and expects its entire staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants and references will be requested for short-listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
All applications for this post must be made by submitting your covering letter and application form to Businessmanager@deanshanger.northants.sch.uk. The application form can be found below.
Hours: 37 per week, 38 weeks per year
Pay grade: E points 4 to 5 (£18,426 - £18,795 FTE. (The salary paid will be paid pro rata)
Anticipated start date: 4th September 2019
Interview: These will be held by the Business Manager, HT and DHT
Closing date: Monday 13th May at 5pm