Clubs & Activities
At Deanshanger Primary School we believe extra-curricular activities play a very important role in the life of the pupil and the school. We, therefore, offer a variety of clubs for our students to join and enjoy both at lunchtimes and after school. In addition, many of our students also learn a musical instrument.
Once the children have joined a club they are expected to attend regularly. If they wish to leave a club, then a written note from a parent/carer must be handed to the teacher in charge.
Some of the clubs only run at certain times of the year.
Our current clubs are outlined below. Most of the clubs have a taster session within school time with registration letters given out at the same time.
1. Lunch time French Clubs with Madame Stevenson 12.20pm - 12.45pm for KS1 and 12.45pm - 1.10pm for KS2 dans la classe arc en ciel (Rainbow Room - Year 1)
- Wrap Club Archery sessions 7.30am to 8.30am Ends October half term (No additional cost to the children).
- Sports Leaders/Play Leaders and Midday Supervisor Play learning/training 12.15pm to 1.00pm Ends October half term.
- Zoons Dance Club in drama studio 3.30pm - 4.30pm.
- Football KS1 and KS2 after school football 3.30pm to 4.15pm every week.
- Hotshots KS2 after school 3.30 to 4.30pm every week.
- Multiskills KS2 lunchtime every week - no additional cost to the children.
- Girls Football lunchtime every week.
- Dodgeball morning session at 8.00 to 8.35am in the drama studio.
- Wrap Club Archery sessions 7.30am to 8.30am Ends October half term No additional cost to the children
- Multiskills MK Dons KS1 3.30pm to 4.30pm Ends October half term
- Sports Leaders/Play Leaders and Midday Supervisor Play learning/training 12.15pm to 1.00pm Ends October half term
- Ulitmate Frisbee led by Freestyle Lunchtimes 12.15pm - 1.15pm
- KS2 Lunchtime Craft Club led by Mrs Jenkin-Wiley
- Cheerleading led by Pacesetters 3.30pm - 4.30pm in the drama studio
Film Club - runs after school four times in the school year
19th October ( Year 1-6); 11th January (Year 1-6); 15th March (FS-Year 6) and 7th June (FS - Year 6).
Details will be sent out before each date to advertise the film.
For further information about any of the clubs listed above, please contact the school office.